Saturday, October 30, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Blogger's Quilt Festival

I am once again participating in the Blogger's Quilt Festival being organised by Amy of Amy's Creative Side from October 29 - November 5. The Blogger's Quilt Festival is an online quilt festival where bloggers from around the world showcase a quilt - once you have had a look here, head on over and take some time viewing the other wonderful quilts.
 
This time I would like to share a quilt that I made for my soon to be daughter-in-law. She loves blue ,so I decided I wanted it to be ocean like. So I chose the fabrics with that in mind. I also wanted it to have a modern quilt feel. I decied to just kind of wing it. Yes, it was scary but I just sketched out what I wanted and then had to go with what I got out of the 2 jelly rolls that I used. I was happy with the results ,but more than that she really loves it too. ^_^
 
I gave it to Heather on her birthday, but that was also the day that my son asked her to marry him. :-), yes it was a big day! I talked about making the quilt here and then when she received it here.


 Heather sent me this picture when she got back to her apartment and put it on her bed.

11 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love your dog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and I know she and your son will cherish it for many, many years to come. That's what I LOVE about gifted quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I just love your modern interpretation of Roman Road-the white sashing is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! And it will certainly be cherished for years to come

    SHeilaC

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great gift!!! the colors are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt looks great. I love the colours you chose and the design you came up with.
    What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful gift! Nice welcome to the family kinda present :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a gorgeous quilt no wonder the recipients had a smile on their faces!

    ReplyDelete