Saturday, July 11, 2009

My Disappearing 9 Patch

The goal this summer has been to make some fun projects and use up some of the fabric in my stash. After all I need to make room for the new stuff I want to buy! So I saw this great pattern called A Disappearing 9 Patch. There are many wonderful sites that talk about this pattern. Here you will find a wonderful story and history of this block. There is a great tutorial here. There are lots of other great sites that have info on this block as well. Lots of great color combinations also. I did use a very boring group here but I really wanted to see the pattern form and it was fabric I had.

So the cool part is you start with a simple nine patch.


Then you do some clever cutting and sew the block back together and you get this!


Then you sew them together. Which I will be busy sewing my 20 blocks together today. Her is a sample of how it will look.





No comments:

Post a Comment